Question Paper Pattern
- One Compulsory question of 20 Marks.
- Six Questions of 16 Marks each out of which Five are to be attempted.
- One Full Question of Theory achat de viagra pharmacie.
- Each question would have one question from Cost and one from FM – be it practical or theory question.
- 32 marks sure shot theory questions – 16 marks each from Cost and FM – Give one day of thorough study to read theory.
Important Theory topics in Cost-
- Cost Units
- Costing methods for different products and services
- Cost control and reduction
- Fixed and flexible budget
- Perpetual inventory system – materials
- Bin Card and Stores Ledger Card
- Waste, scrap, spoilage and defective
- Product and period costs
- Time keeping and booking
- Job evaluation and merit rating
- Labour turnover – causes and different methods
- Treatment of by products
- Treatment of overtime premium and night shift allowance
- Accounting of profits in incomplete contract
- Explicit and Implicit costs
Important Theories in FM
- Bridge finance
- Seed capital financing
- Debt securitisation
- Capital rationing
- Important roles of CFO
- Treasury management functions
- Virtual banking
- Acceleration of cash collection
- Value maximisation vs wealth maximisation
- Depository receipts – ADR, GDR and IDR
- Fund flow vs cash flow
- Return on capital employed
- Du pont chart
- MM assumptions
- Miller orr and Baumol Model
- Venture financing methods
- Factoring vs Forfaiting
- Ploughing Back of Profits
- Risk Return Trade off
- Zero Coupon Bonds
- Secured Premium Notes
- Deep Discount Bonds
- Convertible Debentures
- Cumulative Preference Shares
Practicals of Cost –
- Treatment of under absorption in csot accounting
- Machine hour rate Problem
- Secondary distribution Methods
- Operating Costing – Bus Transport
- EOQ with supplier offer and stock level computation
- Halsey and Rowan scheme Sums
- Reconciliation of cost and financial profits – check last asked sum in scanner
- Control accounts – Non Integrated – check last asked sum in scanner
- Process costing simple sums on valuation of output
- WIP based process accounts – FIFO
- Joint cost apportionment and profit computation – revise all methods
- Bus transport service
- Material and labour variance
- Flexible budget preparation
- Efficiency, activity and capacity ratio.
Important Practicals for FM –
- Leverage – income statement preparation from given leverage ratios.
- Indifference EBIT and financial break even point
- Ratio computation – liquid ratio, proprietary ratio, operating exp ratio, gearing ratio, turnover ratios, debt equity ratio.
- Working capital requirement estimation
- Optimum credit policy decision in receivables
- Cash budget – simple problem
- Optimum capital structure practical sums
- WACC sums based on book value and market value
- Cost of equity
- Project evaluation under different methods and EAC concept for unequal lives.
- Fund Flow Statement
Suggestions for Final Day before Exam –
- Revise FM First, immediately after coming from the last exam.
- Revise all theory of FM and Cost – Uptil here, you will be able to complete portions of 60 marks of your exam.
- Revise Cost after this. Recall Concepts of each chapter with examples done in class.
- Check tricky part of each and every sum of Costing.
In the exam hall remember the following three-
1. Speed Management – keep writing the answers in full speed from very beginning, especially when you know the answers perfectly.
2. Time management – keep track in your wrist watch. Every 15 mins = 8 marks attempt
3. Presentation management – Do not overdo it and do not ignore it. Remember that, you would be able to distinguish your answer paper amongst others only through your presentation skill.